Thursday, April 12, 2018

Masculine Celebration in Style

A very quick card today.  We can all use those from time, to time, right?  I know I can!


Recipe:
Night of Navy - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
True Gentleman Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 4"
Very Vanilla and Night of Navy scraps for sentiment and scalloped squares.

My preference here would have been to use my Stitched Shapes square and the Layering Square Scallop to have a larger border.  I loaned out my Stitched Shapes to a gal at the office and she's not done with them yet.  That's okay, this was a good trial.


To make the "bow" I simply folded a small piece of the corduroy Night of Navy ribbon over and glue-dotted the ends into the middle to make a bow.  Then took a smaller piece and wrapped it around the center and used glue dots again to hold it into place.  Works pretty good.

Thank you for looking in today.  This girl is beat after being off work for two days with a cold and then back to catch up.  More catching up tomorrow!  Makes the day go faster though, so that's okay!

Happy Thursday!

~ Donna

Product List

2 comments:

  1. I just ordered this bundle - the stamp set and punch. I already have the paper and the ribbon. I decided I liked the stamp set enough to use especially the little shapes you stamped. That stamp intrigued me. I also thought the outline of the sentiments could be used with other sentiments and then punched out. I will add your card to my masculine ideas as it would be great for that with that paper but I bet a different paper and colors would work too. I think my stitched shape dies are my favorite! I use them a ton!

    Rest up this weekend and get over the cold. It actually got up to 69 degrees here today but this weekend they are predicting rain and possible snow!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish we could get rain! It's so dry and dusty here that there were accidents on the highway today due to lack of vision. Not used to that this time of year.

      I just ordered another pack of this paper. I really like it and there's still a month and a half to use it. I can do this!

      Happy Weekend!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors