Friday, April 20, 2018

Petal Passion with Memories and More

I saw this idea on Patty Bennett's blog and she saw the technique on Cindee Wilkinson's blog.  I loved the way the flower and butterfly from Beautiful Day looked using the Painted With Love Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!

The backgrounds for the cards come from the Petal Passion Memories & More Card Pack.  I've used these cards for backgrounds before and just did some coloring on them.  To see that post, click HERE.


I began by stamping the Butterfly and the Flower from Beautiful Day onto Painted with Love Designer Series Paper with our Memento Black Ink and then fussy cut them with my paper snips.  I did try to cut them out with my Scan & Cut, but it didn't see the lines - I think because of all the colors.

Recipe:
Melon Mambo - 11" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
OR
Calypso Coral - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Petal Passion Memories & More Card Pack - trimmed to 5 1/4" x 4" (the 4" is the width already)


Within the card pack there are some laser cut words and some banners you can also stamp on and then simply add them to the cards.



Big thanks to Patty and to Cindee for sharing so that I can CASE and share them too!

Happy Friday!  Thank you for looking in today.  Have a great day!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I did not get this set of cards but have several others including 2 or 3 packs of the Christmas/holiday ones from last year! They are so fun to play with and make some amazing cards with. I think you get a big bang for your buck. These are really pretty! The flowers and butterflies really make these special. Love that you used the DSP to stamp the flowers and butterflies. I have to try this now. I know the card pack was on the low inventory before, I will check it out today to see if there are any left. If not, there will be others. Great cards and glad you gave credit to the others so I can go check out theirs too. Have a great weekend Donna!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti always has such great ideas! I still need to go look at what Cindee did. I didn't get a chance to do that just yet.

      I made Christmas Cards with one of these packs one year and called it Ten Cards, No Stamping. They came out great and each person received a set of the card packs to make more.

      Happy Weekend to You!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors