Sunday, March 17, 2013

Frosted Pearl Background

The other night I was looking for inspiration for one more project for my Saturday's workshop and I came across this beautiful card which I totally CASED!  I told the girls it was a Faux  Mother of Pearl, where I got that I have no idea since I looked back at the original post for this and it's called Frosted Pearl!  Guess I need to read slower!  haha!

So, may I present, Frosted Pearl Background Technique as discovered through Angie Leach, who received it from one of her team members, Kathe Madsen.  The second photo shows the detail a bit better.  It is even more beautiful in real life.

I think most of the girls were planning to make this their Mother's Day cards for their special Mom's.


 

Here's how you achieve this beautiful background.

  • Pour a bit of Frost White Shimmer Paint onto a plastic tray or paper plate.
  • Scrunch up some plastic wrap, keep it loose for a nice design.  Dab it into the paint picking up just a bit.  Stamp it off on to the side of the tray to be sure you don't have too much.  You just want a light coating.
  • Gently dab onto Whisper White card stock until it is covered the way you want it to look.
  • Let it dry and stamp your flowers or design on top.

For the card above:

Stamps:  Love & Sympathy (w-122795 / c-122797)
Card Stock:  Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron, Whisper White
Stampin' Write Markers:  Wild Wasabi, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories:  Fancy Fan Embossing Folder (127751), Frost White Shimmer Paint (116854)

Thank you for looking in today.  Tomorrow I'll post the other cute card we made at this weekend's workshop.  Thank you to Barbie for a wonderful workshop!  It was so much fun with so much great food!

~ Donna

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh very pretty. Wish I could see it in person though as I'm sure it's much more stunning that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors