Thursday, March 7, 2013

St. Patrick's Owl Punch Art


Here is my version of this cute card for St. Patrick's Day Owls.  My boss wanted a card for her nephew and her neice so of course I had to make a boy owl and a girl owl!

I really like how they came out, even if the ribbon was a bit of a challenge!

I made the card base using the Card Base Pop 'n Cuts Die (130099).  It's a great die for making any card base and the edges tuck in at the bottom. 


To make the little "skirt" I took the 3/8" Stitched Satin in Gumball Green and tied a knot in one end and then carefully pulled out one of the white strips and gently gathered up the stitching on the ribbon to give it a ruffled look.  I then used our red sticky tape on the owl and folded the end in and placed it on the sticky tape.  Cut the knot off teh other end and carefully fold that end under and stick it down as well. 



Stamps Well With Others Recipe:

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes (w-115370 / c-127802)
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Gumball Green
DSP:  Print Poetry (129312)
Ink: Gumball Green
Punches:  Owl Builder Punch (118074), Petite Curly Label (129405), 1" Circle Punch (119868), Word Window (119857), Modern Label (119849)
Extra's:  Card Base Pop 'n Cuts (130099), Window Frames Collection Framelits (129021), Festive Paper-Piercing Pack (127857), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246), Red Glimmer Paper (121790), Googly Eyes
Ribbon:  3/8" Gumball Green Stitched Satin

I'd love to be your Stampin' Up! Consultant if you don't already have one.  You can order any of the listed items above on my website, or by emailing me (stampswellwithothers@gmail.com) directly for more information or help with ordering.

Don't forget about checking out My Paper Pumpkin - the first shipment will be out very soon and you won't want to miss it!  Be sure to pick me (DONNA KISH) as your Stampin' Up Demonstrator and let me know when you do so I can sent you a big thank you!

~ Donna

5 comments:

  1. DARLING card, LOVE the skirt you did! What a fun St. Patty's day card! That took a bit of time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS Lorri! It actually didn't take too long, the hardest part was the ribbon. Anything with the owl punch is just so much fun and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Great job, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jackie! Great to see you stopping by! Wooo hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, those are just adorable Donna. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors