Saturday, August 20, 2016

Cookie Cutter Reindeer

I've been wanting to play with this set again this week so finally I did!  One of my favorite stamp sets in the Holiday Mini is Cookie-Cutter Christmas and it is a bundle with a perfect little cookie cutter punch!

Remember the Teddy Bear Thank You from earlier this week - well this is from the same set. This time though, I used the punch to cut out this adorable reindeer.


Recipe:
Whisper White - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Real Red - 5 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper - 5 1/2" x 2 1/4" - available September 1st

For the sentiment, I used Wondrous Wreath, happily carried over into the Annual Catalog.


Here is what the stamp looks like, out of the package... but... I needed something for the front and something for inside.  

Before you scroll further, take a deep breath... this is going to make some of you hyperventilate.  Trust me, I've seen it happen.



Deep breath in.... breathe out.....



Okay, here goes... 


Are you still with me?  Good!!  Now, the best part about photopolymer, besides being able to see through it is when you cut it apart (yes, it's okay, give it a try) you can place it back together on a clear block and your stamping will never show it!

I tried several variations on the coloring and ended up stamping the reindeer with Soft Suede onto watercolor paper and then watercoloring with my Aqua Painter and the ink from inside the lid of the stamp pads - Soft Suede and Crumb Cake.


Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. So darn cute! Love that Rudolph is in the middle with his very shiny nose! I was wondering about colors for them as you don't want them too dark to hide their eyes. The background paper is perfect for the color and fun aspect! I love that you cut the stamp apart as it was too big for a front. Perfect solution. Sometimes it is easier to cut them apart than mask off. The little reindeer scream happy to me! This bundle is high on my wish list.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. These reindeer are just so cute. I like coloring with water and ink, but I really miss our blendabilities.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors