Monday, August 8, 2016

You Light Up My Life

One of the swap cards from our meeting last weekend had a candle made with the Jar of Love and I just knew I had to make a card with a Jar Candle.  This is what I came up with.


Recipe:

Crumb Cake - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Flirty Flamingo from In Color Designer Series Paper Stacks - 5 1/4" x 2 1/4"
Whisper White - 4" x 2 1/2"
Tempting Turquoise - 2" x 1/2" - snipped ends with scissors

Jar is stamped with Tempting Turquoise,
Wire Handle is Smoky Slate,
Candle is Flirty Flamingo
Bow is Crushed Curry
Flame is Crushed Curry (from Build a Birthday)




Thank you for looking in today.  Have a fabulous week!  ~ Donna



Product List

2 comments:

  1. I am just really tired and can't think of anything witty to say. I like the card. We used to make little mason jar candle holders for various occasions. That would be fun to make some and make the accompanying card to go with it! Though for safety sake, maybe use the battery operated tea lights and put some fun stuff around it in the jar. Ohhh, that gives me an idea. A friend of mine loves candy corn and expects a card with candy corn on it at Halloween or something similar. I could get one of the little jars and make this and could put real candy corn in it with the battery operated candle. Then, making the card is simple enough. I see they have candy corn for the Halloween set with the mason jar but candy corn pieces are also easily made with 3 graduated circles but cut up into pie shaped pieces. Tie on some ribbon and be done! I even have candy corn ribbon! I wonder how the word Happy would be on the jar and then use Halloween from the tiny set of holidays names that might be retired now. Ummmm, thanks Donna for letting me ramble on!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have been too tired to be witty, but you got some great ideas out of this! LOL

      A friend of mine used to sell Party Lite candles. I told her she should start selling again and we could make cards to go with them! She wasn't interested.

      Have a great day!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors