Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Jean's Birthday Jar of Love

Having lunch today with a sweet lady who retired from our office nearly a year ago.  Her birthday was actually last week, but we like to make these things last and since she has a big BIG family, we figured we'd let them have her last week..


Loved this color combination from Mary Fish and the speckled Sweet Sugarplum is really what caught my eye.  I made a few changes to make it mine, but the basic idea comes from Mary.  Thank you Mary - you constantly inspire me!


Recipe:

Crumb Cake - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Island Indigo - 5 1/4" x 4"
Playful Palette Designer Series Paper Stack - 5" x 3 3/4"
Very Vanilla 4 1/4" x 3"

Ink: Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Sweet Sugarplum
Two colors from one stamp pad.  Stamp off once for the large portion of the flower and full ink for the smaller details.

Stamps:  Jar of Love, Rose Wonder


Thank you for looking in today.  Send wishes to Jean for her birthday - she's 80!  You'd never know it though.  She's hard to keep up with!  ~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Well done! I really like this. The crumb cake ink is perfect with the cardstock and then the rest of the colors. I really like the flowers too and the other stuff in the jar! But that DP the way you cut it is so fun and fresh just like the jar contents. The island indigo layer just completes the look as well as the linen thread! This is a keeper and I am going to CASE this for sure when I get the stamp set! The happy birthday is just perfect on there too. Now, I have to look at Mary's version!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. You will love this stamp set, I promise. Jars are just so crazy big right now and the possibilities are just endless!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors