Monday, July 9, 2018

Popsicle Cards - Time to Cool Off

Summertime in Arizona.  I dare you to get popsicles home from the store without them melting!  Using an ice chest is cheating, by the way!  So, how about some paper popsicles?  I saw this great idea made by Lynn Dunn and just had to CASE it.  Doesn't it just make you want to run to the freezer to find something sweet and cold?  Thank you Lynn!!


Recipe:
Grapefruit Grove - 6" x 4", scored and folded at 3"
2018-2020 In Color DSP - 3" x 1" (times two)
Whisper White - 3 3/4" x 2 3/4" for the inside
Crumb Cake - 3" x 1/2"

Stamps: You're So Sweet  (apparently retired! - sorry, I didn't have it marked as retired on my stamps)
Ink:  Grapefruit Grove


Using the Corner Rounder from the Detailed Trio Punch, round off each of the corners of the card and the inside Whisper White.  On the "dotted" paper, only round two corners as shown below.

Before you place the Whisper White inside, be sure to adhere the "stick" to the inside of the Grapefruit Grove.  When you place it, be sure that from the top of the card to the bottom of the stick isn't any longer than 5 1/2" so it will fit inside an envelope.


With this stamp set, the words are all together and would be too big for this smaller card so I made it easy to stamp two ways.

I used post-it notes to cover everything I didn't want to get inky, then inked up the stamp and REMOVED the post-its before stamping.

For the outside stamping, I simply stamped the whole stamp on scrap paper and then trimmed it with my trimmer and popped it up with Dimensionals.




Thank you for looking in today!  Here comes another week!

~ Donna


Product List
I'm so sorry!  I didn't have today's stamp set marked as retired or I wouldn't have used it.  Hopefully you have this set, or something else that will work well.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, Thanks for the shout out! Your card turned out super cute! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn! Thanks for stopping by. It was fun to make and I plan to make more. So many great ideas. We cool off however we can around here! LOL

      Delete
  2. Cool and yummy! This would be fun in all sorts of colors - I am thinking about the new darker grape color! Though Highland Heather would work too or the Luscious Lipstick. I gotta learn the new names!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! You and I think alike! I'm waiting for my new cardstock to arrive, especially Glorious Grape and Highland Heather. I feel a grape popsicle wanting out! Did you see Lynn's ice cream bars as well? I want to make those also. So yummy!

      Still learning the names too. ha ha!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors