Sunday, July 22, 2018

Square + Square + Sentiment

Today's inspiration comes from Mary Fish.  My mojo needed a boost and here it is!  However, after cutting the DSP (Designer Series Paper) for a couple of cards using Mary's measurements, I changed it up with new measurements.  Here is why.  The DSP comes in a 6" x 6" square and Mary's card was cut at 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" leaving 2 3/4" to work with.  So, I changed my DSP to 3" x 3" and that way I can get 4 squares out of a 6" x 6" square.


I wanted to use cardstock and ribbon that matched, so even though none of cardstock colors match the colors in the DSP, they work perfectly together.  I used Blueberry Bushel, Call Me Clover and Grapefruit Grove.  The Grapefruit Grove and Call Me Clover are the larger squares.


Recipe:
Soft Sea Foam - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Solid Cardstock - 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" (Grapefruit Grove, Blueberry Bushel, Call Me Clover)
DSP - 3" x 3"
1/8" Grosgrain Ribbon - (same colors)


Stamps used for sentiments:
Blended Seasons (coming August 1st for a limited time)
Beautiful Day 



Thank you for looking in today and for hanging in there while I recuperated.   My hip is feeling much better and we even went out for lunch on Saturday and a very short grocery trip late at night when the place was nearly empty.  That's the best time to shop anyway.  No screaming littles running around!

Have a Blessed Sunday!

~ Donna



4 comments:

  1. I changed Mary's size too to the same as you did! Made more sense to me.

    So gad you are doing better with that hip! My problem at the grocery store sometimes is that there is a little old man who I think takes stuff out of my grocery basket. There have been times when I know I put some stuff in it and then get home they are not in the bags and I didn't pay for them. It has happened four different times and each time he has been there! One time it was cereal that is on the top shelf but I can usually coax it down or produce like bananas.

    Whatever, love the cards and plan on making some more too.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My Goodness! Why would he take things out of your grocery cart? That is so strange! LOL

      Great minds on changing the size! :)

      Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. I was telling one of the asst managers yesterday about the missing stuff in my cart and she smiled and said I am not the only one he has taken stuff out of their carts. They have offered to have an employee walk with him around the store thinking he can't reach something but she thinks he just forgets about what he needs and sees something in a cart and takes it out rather than hunting for the stuff in the aisles. She said he is probably going to a nursing home soon. She said if they aren't real busy (usually when I go they aren't) she said she was thinking about walking around with him trying to get ideas of what he likes to remind him to get the stuff off the shelf. She said she was doing her shopping and he had taken several things out of her cart when she wasn't looking or chatting with someone. She said he took several things of meat out of her cart once and wondered if maybe he couldn't put a name with the item to ask for it. We have a meat counter and not prepackaged meat at that store. We wondered if he drives there or what? Oh horrors!!!!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors