Monday, July 2, 2018

Tie Dye Birthday Flag

This really looks like a t-shirt and tie dye.  I'm amazed at how well it came out.  If I could just remember where I saw it, I'd be happy to share it with you.  I saw the video a while ago and loved it so decided to give it a try.  It is really quite easy.  A bit messy, but fun and easy.



Recipe: 
Real Red Cardstock - 11" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 5 1/2".
Whisper White - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White *under the flag - 5" x 3 3/4"

Plain white coffee filter.
Seasonal Layers Thinlits (chair)
Christmas Staircase Thinlits (stars)

Stamps:  Birthday Delivery - (inside sentiment)

Ink:  Real Red and Night of Navy









Ink up two more rows of red stripes to the right of the blue.

LET IT DRY - Use your Heat Tool or you can use a hair dryer.  Just be sure it is good and dry or you will have a mess and inky fingers too!

When it is completely dry, fold it over the smaller Whisper White (measurements above) until you have it the way you want it to look.  Make good creases so you can attach it easier once the adhesive is on.


Flip it over and remove the card stock. 



Add Snail Adhesive  to the back of the card stock and place it sticky side down - back inside the folded filter.




  

Add some gold metal thread under where you want your chair.  I wrapped several times around my fingers and then pinched the middle together and attached it to some double stick tape on the filter.
   


Thank you for looking in today!  I hope you have a safe and fun 4th of July Week.  Two days on, one day off, two days on.  I like a nice break in the middle of the week, don't you?

~ Donna




3 comments:

  1. This is sooooo cool. Love it. I have seen coffee filters used but not like this. Or, if I had, I had forgotten. So fun. Thanks for the steps. Love it. The chair just really adds to the charm. Maybe a great backdrop for my moose? Have a safe fourth.

    Chris R. From Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get over how t-shirt looking it looks. I'm really excited to play with it some more. The chair would be a great backdrop or a seat for your Moose!

      Delete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the a lot of comments on your own articles, I suppose I am not alone having most of the leisure here! Keep up the superb work.Sameday Rubbish Removal Lincolnshire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors