Monday, September 9, 2019

Baby Shower Fun

This was quite a weekend!  It started off fun with a Baby Shower / Tea Party on Saturday Morning.

We started off with making a bunch of Thank You note cards that Brittney could use for all the sweet baby gifts she's been receiving.  These ladies made a terrific assembly line and whipped those cards out FAST.  Brittney is trying to get them all tucked away so we can get on to the fun part of the party, the food!


Kathy (first person on the left below) set up the most beautiful table with perfect Tea Party treats, little finger sandwiches, sweets and the best scones I've ever tasted!


Just look at these yummy little blueberry bundt cakes and below them chocolate mousse in chocolate cups!  Oh My Goodness!




The beautiful place settings and table were all thanks to Kathy.  The teacups and saucers were all different and they were my Mom's that I've had tucked safely away.  I've been wanting to have a tea party using these for so long - so happy that Brittney gave me a reason to finally pull them out!

This is just one of the sets, my favorite one with gorgeous roses on them.  My Mom loved roses and so many of her cups and saucers have roses on them.



Here is the card that I made for Brittney.  As soon as Mark (my hubby) and I heard that she was expecting a baby, he told her he'd buy diapers for the first year (I nearly fainted...lol).  He's been saving and saving and we bought a gift card for her from Costco that has diapers she likes and with any luck, we might make that first full year.  LOL ... who knows!

So, of course I had to make a diaper card to put the gift card in for a proper presentation.  I searched on google for a diaper template.  There are a are a lot of them out there.


I used Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper and lined it with Petal Pink (or was it Blushing Bride) or the other side of this pattern would have been very dark.


I put a little pocket inside for the gift card to slid into to keep it from falling out. 


Thank you for looking in today.   Happy Monday!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors