Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Saying Goodbye is Never Easy

Saying goodbye to a beloved pet is never easy.  Monday afternoon we found out that a wonderful family lost their beloved Yellow Lab - Elsie who passed peacefully in her sleep.  Elsie was part of the Faculty at Kitten Academy, she was the Canine Cordiality Officer.  I know that sounds silly, but the Kitten Academy is one of the most amazing kitten (and Mom Cat) rescues I've ever seen.  

Kitten Academy is "Where Kittens Learn To Cat".  Mr. A. and DJ take in pregnant Mom cats where they can live in a perfect setting, have their kittens and raise them to be well rounded adoptable kittens.  They have several other cats on "Faculty" and Elsie was, of course, part of the faculty where the kittens could also get used to being around dogs.  You can watch them 24 / 7 on You Tube HERE.  I have them on my screen all the time!

The kittens all "Graduate" when they are old enough to be spayed or neutered and the Mom cat also is spayed and they are all adopted out to loving homes who go through an application process.

On to the card:

Recipe:
Whisper White Thick cardstock -  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
So Saffron - 3" x 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 2 7/8" x 4 1/8"
So Saffron Designer Series Paper - 2 3/4" x 4"

So Saffron and Basic Black - Punched with Dog Builder Punch
Call Me Clover Grosgrain Ribbon



I popped up the So Saffron panels up with Stampin' Dimensionals and added Basic Rhinestone Jewels.  The reason for the green ribbon is because Miss Elsie went in for a Spa Day last week for shampoo, trim and general beautification and they had a pretty green bandana on her.  I just thought it would be a nice touch.  I have to say, my heart feels broken and I've never even met her, but seeing her on my computer for the last 2 1/2 years or so.  

Stamps:  Here's A Card
Ink:  Memento Black

I thought about using a pet related stamp set for this sympathy card, but Elsie was so much more than a pet.  I felt the words used in these stamps were the words that I felt in my heart.


Thank you for looking in today.  Check out Kitten Academy, but don't blame me if you get addicted like I did!  You won't be sorry - there's nothing sweeter than itty bitty baby kittens growing into beautiful kittens and finding their forever home.

Happy Tuesday!

~Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors