Thursday, January 18, 2018

Lots of Lavender

My Sister-in-law would pick little bunches of lavender and and then tie them together and hang them upside down on the curtain rods in their little trailer.  When I saw this set in the Sale-a-bration booklet, I knew it would be one of the first sets I would pick... after the Panda's of course!

So, after playing with this one a bit, I think I'll be doing another one for her birthday in February.  I had a little issue with getting the color right and forgetting you have to let it dry before you judge how it looks!


Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Wisteria Wonder - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 4 7/8" x 3 5/8" (not normally my size, but I had a boo-boo that needed to be trimmed off!)

I stamped the outline of the lavender with Memento Black, stamped off once and then onto the card.  I tried Smoky Slate, but it was too light and I tried the Black full strength, but it was too dark.

The Wisteria Wonder is also stamped off once to make it a bit lighter.  It was really way too dark for what I wanted.  The leaves are stamped with Pear Pizzazz.


The sentiment comes from You're Inspiring.

Thank you for looking in today.  It's "Friday Eve!" or also known as Thursday.

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I can smell the sweet scent from here! Well, actually we just came from our walk and my nose is pretty bright red from the cold and probably can't smell anything until it thaws a bit. The twine makes it look just like the bouquets are hanging up to dry! Thanks for the tip about stamping the outline color....it looks perfect to me! I have not played with the set yet but this is making me think more towards spring! We are to get up in the 40s tomorrow but then rain turning to snow on Sunday. Oh well....

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I'm really happy with how they turned out. I'll be making more for sure.

      You probably don't want to know that I've only worn a sweater twice this fall/winter. It's warmer than it should be, but it could stay like this year round and I'd love it!

      We have a very small chance of rain Saturday, which means, none. :( Although I'll be stamping all day with the team, so it will probably rain while I'm inside! ha ha!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors