Monday, January 15, 2018

Party Panda... yes, again!

These panda cards are just going to keep popping up.

This one was actually designed from one of the Make & Takes we did at a team meeting in December, but mine came out as a disaster (see the last picture in this post) so I knew I had to do it again and do it right!  



Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Tutti-frutti Designer Series Paper - 5" x 1" (punched with Banner Triple Punch) 
Whisper White Cardstock - die cut with Stitched Shapes (circle - just under 2")
Tutti-frutti DSP - punched with Balloon Punch (small balloon)



Stamp the Panda with the balloon onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock.  You only have to stamp the panda and just a bit of the string.  No need to stamp the whole thing.  Then using your Stitched Shapes Circle, die cut the panda.  After you've placed the Panda Circle onto the dotted DSP, you can hand draw the string and attach the punched balloon.

Inside I used more of the dotted paper and stamped the sentiment from Big on Birthdays.



This is what happened to my Make & Take, it is what happens when you rush and don't line the stamp up properly with the paper! 


See his hand and ear are stamped too high.  Sorry little guy!

Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Monday (and another holiday for us!)

~ Donna Product List

2 comments:

  1. I had to really look to see what you said was done in a hurry and then I did finally notice as I read about his paw and ear. Sometimes I find using the stitched framelits easier to cut out and then stamp the image. It is easier with the clear stamps but since I screwed up and ordered the wood mount I will be careful. The card is really cute though and fun to keep a few on hand. I like that DSP, at least most of the patterns.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I agree, there are a couple of patterns in there I just don't care for, I won't say why, but you may have the same feeling... lol

      I prefer to stamp and then cut, even with the clear mount and photopoly, just because my eyes play tricks on me when trying to stamp on a pre-cut shape. I understand your point though about the stitched framelits as you don't know where the stitching is if you stamp first.

      Thank you for always taking the time to comment!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors