Friday, January 12, 2018

Party with a Panda

Today I tried a couple of different ideas with the Party Panda's.  I have a favorite of the two I made, let's see which one you like best.


Recipe (Dot Card):  
Basic Black - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 5 1/4" x 4"
Petal Passion Designer Series Paper - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Pacific Point - 3 3/4" x 2 1/4"
Whisper White - 3 1/2" x 2"


Recipe (Vine Card):  
Basic Black - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Petal Passion Designer Series Paper - 5 1/4" x 4"
Pacific Point - 4 1/4" x 2 1/4"
Whisper White - 4" x 2"


If you look closely, although it isn't a great picture, there is shading inside the Pandas belly and face.  I used my Basic Gray watercolor pencil and Blender Pen to smooth it out and to give some depth to the Panda.

The hat is colored with Pacific Point and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers.


The Panda's are FREE with a minimum order of $50.00 (before shipping and tax).  Each $50 you spend will allow you to choose another freebie from the Sale-a-bration booklet.


Here they are side by side - which one do you like better?


Thank you for checking in today!  It's finally Friday!

~ Donna

4 comments:

  1. I like the shading! I have the pandas but they have not been out of the package yet. I am still working on the valentines for the hospitalized kids and senior citizens. But, since there is the panda with the envelope with the heart on it, maybe I can play with it today or tomorrow some. Justification! By the way, I think I like the dotted background since his party hat has dots on it! Plus, I think I like that teeny strip of white mat showing! I love my layers!

    I am not going out today as it is still so darn cold after yesterday. We had a little bit of everything from fog to drizzle that turned to ice balls that turned into huge snowflakes. Then, they turned into small flakes and in the blowing wind it was almost a white out. It went from 40 degrees at 2:00 a.m. to 20 degrees at 6:00 a.m. and then kept getting colder and had a big wind chill. So, I think I am staying home and playing with the pandas! Sorry Ted, I do not want to fall on the snow/ice let alone frost bite.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably don't want to know that we're in the mid-70's here. It's been beautiful and even on the day we actually got some rain, it wasn't too cool outside. It is why I live here!

      You really must get those Pandas out and play with them. They are just so cute, I just love them!!

      I'm with you on the background. The dotted is definitely my favorite as well.

      Delete
  2. We don't have as sharp of wind as yesterday and the day before but I have only been out for a few minutes at a time today. It is snowing a little though. I have not seen the temperature.

    I did play with the pandas and dumb me ordered the wood mount instead and I hate wood mount. But, the valentines turned out so cute. I stuck them to an acrylic block but I guess I should just suck it up and mount them on the blocks and be done with it. Or, give them away and get the set I can use with the acrylic blocks.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the wood stamps, but if it comes in Photopolymer, I'm snagging that every time. I just have issues with the clear mount, I don't think they stay on the blocks well enough and it makes me crazy, BUT with this new Stamparatus coming out, I may change my mind. I have a Misti and love it, but the SU Version is going to be hugely different.

      I plan to get the pandas in clear mount so I can use the Misti / Stamparatus and get a nice dark stamp. That was how I got the great gingerbread men stamped a couple of years ago.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors