Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Valentine Jar of Love

This sweet little card comes from my upline, Lorri Heiling.  One of my stampers (Linda) spotted it and it was just too cute to pass up.  Valentine's Day will be here faster than we know and you'll want to get a head start on those special cards.


Recipe:
Real Red - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"

I used scraps for the hearts - Melon Mambo, Real Red, Sweet Sugarplum, Pink Pirouette.  Just use whatever you have that will match up nicely.

The hearts were cut using the die from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits.  It cuts several at a time, so it won't take long to get lots of little hearts.  Plus, I found I was able to cut two colors at a time without too much hard cranking on the Big Shot.


Stamps:  Jar of Love and Labels to Love.  Labels to Love is from the 2017 Holiday Mini, but it is carrying over to the spring!  Yay!

Now, don't freak out on me here.... but... I cut the LOVE stamp into individual letters.  You could work with a perfectly clean stamp and just ink one letter at a time, cleaning it well in between so you don't get a shadow from the previous letter.


A little extra that I added to my card was to add some lines to the hearts that are coming out through the lip of the jar.  If you just glue them down on the ridges there, they won't look like their coming from inside the jar.  So, once they are glue down, I used my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker and drew on the lines.  You can also see a little bit of Clear Wink of Stella on a few of the hearts.


In Phoenix today, we're all watching the sky for clouds and rain!  We have an actual 90% chance of rain over night tonight.  We rarely have a 90% chance of rain.  It's so exciting.  May have to have a party to celebrate!  LOL  I'd rather it be in the daytime, but we're so dry around here we'll take whatever we can get!

Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Tuesday!

~ Donna


Product List

4 comments:

  1. I saw this card on Lorri's blog. I had already decided to CASE it for the hospitalized kids valentines and senior citizens. I LOVE your idea of adding to the lines to a few so it looks more like they are coming out of the jar. I don't have the Labels to Love set but I figured I could substitute something else since I basically just need letters. Of course the "O" is too cute. I like how you did the mats too. Good job!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, that would be a fun card for the kids and senior citizens. Prepare to get your fingers sticky with those hearts, but that's what makes it so much fun!

      Yes, you could certainly substitute any letters for those cards. They will all love them. It would be even cuter attached to a box of those conversation hearts... for friends and such, not large quantities though.

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhh you did a great job on this! So sweet of you to make a shout out as well. {hugs}. And you KNOW I'm hyperventilating at you cutting your stamps! I want to be like you when I grow up! LOL Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Lorri - I tried to warn you Monday when we chatted on text, that I was going to do that! Keep a paper bag handy. LOL Its getting easier and easier to do... what does that say about me? ???

      Thank you for being my best inspiration! Hugs!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors