Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pure Gumption

It's Graduation Time again.  Can you believe it nearly the middle of May and those Grads will be marching to Pomp & Circumstance and into their futures.

I threw this card together tonight for a friend's daughter who will be graduating from a local high school with a full ride to Arizona State University. 

The school's colors are Red White and Blue (best I can tell from their website) so I used Night of Navy, Real Red and Whisper White.  I used VersaMark and Gold Embossing Powder.  It looks so much prettier in person.

Notice the envelope?  On the front I stamped the Mortar Board (why DO they call it that?) in Real Red and Night of Navy and on the back "The Tassel Was Worth the Hassel" all from the stamp set Pure Gumption.  I just LOVE this set.  Sadly it is retiring, but I think I may hang on to it since it is so nice for Graduation.




Inside is stamped "Dedication, Fortitude and Pure Gumption". 
 

I dressed it up with a few jewels and it looks like stars in the sky, perfect for the bright future.


 
 
Thank you for looking in today!  Can you smell the weekend yet?  It's Friday Eve! 
 
~ Donna
 
For your convenience, just click on any of the pictures below and you can shop online:

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! And congrats to the smart grad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors