Monday, May 12, 2014

Sneak Peek at Sea Street

Sunday was a busy day that started very early, but it was so worth it being able to meet my youngest son Robert, for breakfast for Mother's Day.  Both of my boys work night shifts in their jobs, so it's pretty difficult finding time that works out.  Thankfully my schedule can be pretty flexible right now, so that helps a lot.  On Tuesday afternoon I'll be going out with my oldest son Billy for an early dinner.

Then I spent a lot of time sorting out my retiring stamps from my current ones.  The retired stack doesn't look as bad as I thought it would and there are a couple I'll hang on to, just because I love them too much.

But then... the best part of the crafting portion of the day was playing with my new stamps and papers I was able to pre-order.  I just LOVE being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator so I can get my hands on the new stuff FIRST!  You could too if you would like to.  Ask me how to join my team and enjoy the discounts, rewards and benefits of being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator or even just a Hobby Demo - just for the discounts for yourself! 

Here is my first attempt with the new Sea Street set and the matching Maritime DSP.  I think this cute little octopus is so cute with his little smiling face.  I was able to stamp him first on a post it note and make a mask so I could stamp the school of fish over the mask so they look like they are swimming behind him.  The "hello there" is from Happy Day (a retiring set).


 Here is the inside of the card.  I really like being able to stamp a little something inside that matches the theme of the front cover.


The base is Real Red - cut at 11" x 4 1/4" and then scored at 5 1/2" for a different folded look.  The mat around the sentiment and critters is Night of Navy.

To make shopping easier, just click any of the current items below to go directly to my store.  The only two items you'll have to wait until June 2nd are the Maritime DSP and the Sea Street Stamps.

Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Monday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Wish there was a shark in the set too though ~ for shark-obsessed Anna...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yes! A shark would have been great! I guess sharks are too scary for stamping people. LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors