Thursday, September 20, 2018

Farmhouse Christmas Squares

Do you avoid making square cards because you don't want to pay the extra postage?  I used to, but then Stampin' Up! came into my life and I found out about making the square card fit in the envelope!  

Here is one of those square cards.  Another fun project from Lorri's Cozy Craft Retreat.


Recipe:
Cherry Cobbler - 8 1/2" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Very Vanilla - 4" x 4" (inside panel)
Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper - 9 squares - 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" (cut or punched)
Mossy Meadow - Die Cut with Stitched Shape Circle - 1 7/8" 
Cherry Cobbler Heart - from Cookie Cutter Builder
Crumb Cake - for stamping house 

To make the house, stamp it with any color ink - because you're going to turn it over and you won't see the ink.  Fussy cut the end of the house from the first floor window up to the roof, then flip it over and adhere it to the Mossy Meadow circle.  Add the Cherry Cobbler heart.

Stamps:  Farmhouse Christmas
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler


Thank you for looking in today!  

~ Donna

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. I like these types of cards but I have a little trouble keeping them in line or even cutting them straight. Seems like I am always off by a smidge. I just might have to try this again. I really like the little heart.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I found that if I lay it on our Grid Paper and then lay a ruler down on the lines I can line them up pretty good, most of the time! You could also lay a piece of Washi Tape down along the grid paper and over the card where you want the squares and then lift up the washi tape, since it doesn't stick tightly.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors