Sunday, June 9, 2019

Magnolia Hello

A photograph just doesn't do this justice. I wish you could see how beautiful these cards are in person. 


Recipe:
Petal Pink - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4
Shimmery White - 4" x 5 1/4"
Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4" (inside)


Stamps - Good Morning Magnolia
Ink - Memento Black
Stampin' Blends - Petal Pink Combo, Old Olive Combo, Daffodil Delight Dark, Crumb Cake Dark

The card with the lighter leaves I added the Dark Old Olive on the lines of the leaves and then used the light Old Olive to color in and to lighten the dark color.  The flower only has the Light Petal Pink along all the lines of the flower as it is drawn and under the petals that are turned up.

The card with the darker leaves I actually used Daffodil Delight along the lines of the leaves and then colored in with the Dark Old Olive.  The flower has both light and dark Old Olive.

Which do you prefer?


Thank you for looking in today.  Have a Blessed Sunday!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Both are stunning....I can't decide which. Which is your favorite? All of the magnolia stuff is really pretty. At a card club I went to, I made a card with the Memories and More card and the special crumb cake card and envelope. Easy, Peasy, Fast and Easy! I was done in a matter of minutes and it was gorgeous. I waited until I was home though to put the sentiment on with my stamparatus since it was a sympathy card. I didn't want to mess it up. The demo didn't have the stamparatus.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I like the lighter flower with the darker leaves. Seems like a lot of the pictures I've seen of Magnolia's the leaves are dark.

      I'd love to see the card you made with the Memories and More. Snap a picture and email it. Those cards are on my list (which is very long)!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors