Thursday, June 20, 2019

Stitched Nested Labels Box

This adorable box looks difficult but it is SO easy!  Thanks to Brenda Quintana.  She has shared the instructions on her video, which is linked to her name above.  Thank you Brenda for this awesome box.  I've made three already and given away two of them - one "just because" and one as a birthday.  FYI, it perfectly holds a gift card inside (as long as it isn't attached to the card some of them come on).

The very first one I made I picked the wrong size die, but it still came out cute.  It is at the very bottom of this post.  Once I added the top piece I realized it was too big, so made the next two with the right size.


Recipe:

Whisper White Thick Cardstock - using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies: 

  • Cut TWO of the 2nd largest dies, 
  • TWO of the 3rd largest dies, 
  • ONE of the 2nd smallest die.


Bottom of Box:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 10 1/8” x 2”

  • On the short side, score at 1 5/8”.  
  • On the long side, score at 2 5/8”, 3 3/4”, 4 7/8”, 7 1/2”, 8 5/8” and 9 3/4”.


Top of Box:

Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 10 3/8” x 2”
Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper Strip - 10 3/8” x  1/2" - attach to Whisper White Thick Cardstock.

  • On the short side,  score at 1 5/8”.
  • On long side (with the DSP Strip at the top) , score at 2 3/4”, 3 7/8”, 5”, 7 3/4” 8 7/8” and 10”.






This is the first one I made on Monday after work before going out to Venezia's to meet with a nice couple, Wendi and Bob, we met there months ago.  I'd missed Wendi's birthday and wanted to give her something pretty.


See how much larger it is and how much smaller the stamped layer looks?  Still looks good though.  A larger stamped piece would balance it out nicely.


Thank you for looking in today.  Be sure to check out Brenda's video on assembling this box.  I promise, you will find it very easy to follow.

~ Donna


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors