Monday, June 10, 2019

Swap Becomes Workshop Card

Big thanks to my upline Lorri Heiling for her beautiful swap card this past week.  I loved it so much I wanted my Saturday workshop gals to be able to make it also.  They loved it AND they discovered they can paint and make beautiful birds too!

I made a few changes, just for ease of cutting and prepping for the class, but the basics are the same.  Lorri's card is on the left (as you look at the picture).  The one on the right is mine.


My Recipe:
Petal Pink - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4" - embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing folder (currently not available for order)
Petal Pink - 3" x 8 1/2, scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper  2 3/4" x 4"
Petal Pink - 3" x 3" (after die cut with Layering Squares scallop)
Shimmery White - 2 5/8" x 2 5/8" (after die cut with Stitched Shapes Square)


Stamp the birds on the branch from the Free as a Bird stamp set with Memento Black and allow to dry completely.  I painted the birds with ink inside the lid of my ink pads and my Aqua Painter.  You can also use the Blender Pens with ink if you prefer.  Color the birds with So Saffron, Pool Party and a little Soft Suede.  The flowers are Calypso Coral, the leaves Old Olive and the branch Soft Suede.

Inside the sentiment is stamped with Memento Black and the leaves were stamped off once inked with Wild Wasabi.  I just wanted them to be a light stamp.


Thank you for looking in today.  Can you believe it's MONDAY again!?  Where does the time go?

~ Donna




Product List

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I love birds. We had a white dove on our roof yesterday and then it flew to the house next to us. It was all white. So cool. Love your soft colors and that fun fold is just plain FUN!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! All the credit for the fold goes to Lorri. She was my inspiration this week for sure!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors