Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Retired Buttons and Ribbons

This has been my evening project the last couple of nights.  Lately we've all seen posts and messages about how uncomfortable the face masks are when wearing them all day.  Especially for those on the front lines in hospitals and medical offices.

When the Clearance Rack updated recently, I bought some ribbon and buttons and also dug through my old ribbons and buttons and started sewing.  

I rolled the edge over twice and stitched the edge and the fold, then added the buttons.  They aren't beautiful, but I'm hoping they will be helpful.  I gave the first batch to my son who is an Oncology Nurse at Mayo Clinic.  He said they had been receiving a lot of different things with the same goal in mind and would share mine as well.  


I'm still making more.  It's nice to have something to keep my fingers busy while watching t.v. with the hubster.  

The ribbon is about 9 inches long, before adding the fold and button.  I only fold over about 1/4" twice, then stitch along the side, across the fold and up the other side.  Then move my needle into the middle and stitch the button on tight.

So, if you have extra ribbon and buttons you don't know what to do with, here's an idea.  I'm certain you can find plenty of people who would love to have them!

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy and Stay Connected with friends and family, but safely!

~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors