Thursday, December 31, 2015

Hello New Year!

It won't be long now until you can begin purchasing the beautiful new papers and tools from the Occasions Catalog.  January 5, 2016 is the first day and I can hardly wait!

Today's card is a combination of ideas from Billie Moan and Susan Itell.  Thank you ladies for sharing your ideas with us.  This is one of the best things about Stampin' Up! Demonstrators, everyone is so willing to share their ideas.  So much fun!

Recipe:

Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Watermelon Wonder - 5 1/4" x 4"
Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper - 5" x 3 3/4"
Watermelon Wonder Strip - 5" x 1 5/8"
Birthday Bouquet DSP Strip - 4 7/8" x 1 1/2"

Ribbon - 3/8" Whisper White Stitched Satin
Hello You Thinlits
Craft Foam (not Stampin' Up!)


I learned from Susan Itell who shared it from Jennifer McGuire, that Craft Foam can be used with our Framelits and in the Big Shot, so after work on Wednesday, I went and found some craft foam.  Even better, I found craft foam that has adhesive on one side, so I only had to use glue on the cardstock to attach it to the foam!  Wooo Hoo!


The Craft Foam acts like our Stampin' Dimensionals, but allows you to pop up the entire word.  You can do the same thing by cutting and layering a couple of layers of the Whisper White Thick Cardstock, but this is so much cooler!

Thank you for looking in today!  Happy New Year!!

I love hearing from you! Your comments and questions are the highlight of my day!

~ Happy Stampin'
Donna


3 comments:

  1. How about using spray adhesive to adhere the word to craft foam? May be easier and faster. Happy New Year, Donna! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be something to try! I like using the Tombo Multi-purpose glue and dotting it on the back of the cardstock, then letting it set up for a couple of minutes. That way it doesn't ooze out and make a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CLEVER!!!!!!!!! Off to find some fun foam, lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors