Thursday, December 3, 2015

Snow Place Window Spotlight

This is an adorable card I have planned for this weekend's workshop.  There will be some new stampers there and I think this will be a nice easy card with lots of POP!  I'm CASEing this card from Angie Leach.  I've changed up the sentiment and added some extra glitter, but thanks go to Angie for this great design!


Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock for the base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Marina Mist 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" and rounded on the top with the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch.
Whisper White 5" x 3 3/4" and embossed with the Brick Wall Texture Embossing Folder

Punch a 2 1/2" Circle from the top down and centered on the Brick Wall.
Stamp the Penguin with Memento Black ink and the Scarf and Earmuffs with Cherry Cobbler.
Cut them out with the Snow Friends Framelits.
Color his beak with Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango or Tangelo Twist.  I colored his feet too and then remembered they would be hidden!

It's hard to see, but I used the two way glue pen around the edge of the hole and sprinkled it with Dazzling Details glitter.


Pop the Brick Wall up with Stampin' Dimensionals, remembering not to put them where you want to put your Penguin.  I also put one Dimensional behind his head and then slid him into place with his Scarf hanging out.  I put 1/4 of a dimensional behind the earmuffs.


The banner along the bottom started out 3 7/8" x 1", stamped in the center with "there's snow place like home" and then used the Triple Banner Punch to make the bannered ends.  Remember if  you stamp before cutting the banner, that you will be cutting off 3/8" from the point on each side, so plan ahead.


I am SO excited about this weekend's workshop.  There's going to be a BIG surprise for me there, that is no longer a surprise (she just couldn't wait to tell me).  My very best friend Danita is coming up from Southern Arizona for the workshop.  This is a HUGE deal because her health really keeps her home most of the time.  I can hardly wait to see her.  It's going to be the best workshop EVER!

Thank you for looking in today.

~ Donna



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors