Monday, December 28, 2015

Spring and Christmas Together

I just can't leave the Balloon Builders (Spring Catalog) stamps alone!  When I spotted this mouse on Susan Itell's blog, I just had to make it.  I changed up a few things and made it a birthday card.

Although the front sentiment comes from "Oh, What Fun" in the (Christmas Catalog), it is a perfect sentiment to work into a birthday card!  This set WILL be retiring January 4th when the Christmas catalog ends, so if you don't have it, grab it now!

Recipe:  
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Basic Gray - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Merry Moments Designer Series Paper Strips - 3/4" x 3 7/8" (and shorter for top)
Ink:  Real Red, Smoky Slate
Ribbon: 1/8" Striped Ribbon
Stamps:  Oh What Fun, Balloon Builders



Inside Sentiment:  Big News 


Thank you for looking in today!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends.  We enjoyed Christmas Eve at the home of my oldest son, Billy and his roommate Bobby.  My youngest, Robert, was supposed to be there too but wasn't feeling well, so he came to my house instead for breakfast.

My Son and I

My Son, Me and Bobby (who has been like a son for years!)

It was different not doing our usual tradition, but also fun to have someone else cook.  Billy made a wonderful meal and I brought pecan bars for dessert.

This is Milo (although that name hasn't been set in stone yet).  She came up to Bobby's house one day last week and just made herself at home.  She's a beautiful pit-mix with brindle tones.  But look how she sits.  Crazy dog looks like her hips are dislocated!  I'm not crazy about pit's but she's just as sweet as can be.  She loves leaning against your feet or legs and being petted.  I think she's adopted her new family!

My youngest son, Robert and I.  Pay no attention to my horrible picture... it was pre-makeup!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors