Friday, August 10, 2018

A CASE of Tropical Chic

Long hours at the office and a knee that's still being painful made me do it!  I try not to completely CASE someone, but this on was so beautiful that I just had to.  It simply jumped off the screen and into my "I have to make this" file and so I did!

This is CASE'd (Copy And Share Everything) from Dawn Olchefske.  Thank you Dawn for wonderful inspiration on this one.


Recipe:
Basic Black - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Blushing Bride - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" (this could actually be smaller at 3" x 3" or 3 1/4" x 3 1/4") to go behind the die cut leaves window
Whisper White - 2 3/4" x 1" for Sentiment
Granny Apple Green and Whisper White Scraps for Leaves and Hibiscus
Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper



I'm always needing Thank You cards, so I used the Thank You sentiment for this card.

Stamps - Tropical Chic
Ink:
Lemon Lime Twist (I don't have Granny Apple Green yet!)
Blushing Bride
Memento Black

When cutting out the Granny Apple Green leaves, keep them nested together when you die cut and you'll be very happy with the results.


Thank you for looking in today.  So glad it's the weekend and I have a workshop on Saturday!

~ Donna

Product List

4 comments:

  1. Hi, just me. Someone hacked my E-mail account and I have not been able to access it all week. 18 years of my life on there. I thought I had better let you know in case you wondered where I was. I will set up a new account this weekend I guess.

    Anyway, Pretty card. I have not seen hardly any blogs so I have even missed Dawn's blog too. I am sure your card was just as pretty as hers. Sometimes it is hard to improve on perfection! I am just in a rut now. My order came yesterday with my Blended Seasons, tea bundle, and the deer bundle etc and I basically unpacked them and put them away. I barely looked at the new catalog that came too. Well, Teddy wants to go for a walk so we had better get going before it gets any hotter. Have a good weekend.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so sorry to hear your email was hacked!

      I understand the Rut Thing. I have times when all I want to do is sit and do NOTHING. Then kick myself when I don't have something to post! :)

      Stay cool and enjoy your walks with Teddy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Wendie! It is a fun and pretty suite. So many things can be done with it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors