Monday, August 20, 2018

Watts of Get Well

Before you see today's card, I want to share something with you that I've been doing to keep from fighting with the new stamp pad design.  I know the pads are supposed to get easier to slide open with use, but I'm tired of getting extra inky in the meantime.  This works perfectly!  Just open your inkpad (the new style only) and lay down the inkpad side onto your work surface.  It's nice and flat and works perfectly for inking up your stamps.

Then, simply close the ink pad and you're done!  Just be sure it clicks when you close it so it is closed tight.



My Uncle Lou in Maryland has come down with a bug or something that has him feeling really under the weather, so I thought it would be fun to send him a cute get well card.  When looking through my stamps, I came across "Watts of Occasions" and immediately knew this was the one I wanted to use.


Recipe:
Lemon Lime Twist - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" (run through embossing folder - Softly Falling)
Basic Black - 4 1/4" x 3 1/4"
Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper - 4 1/8" x 3 1/8"
Basic Black - 3 3/4" x 2 1/4"
Whisper White - 3 5/8" x 2 1/8"

Ink:  Memento Black, Lemon Lime Twist

Don't forget to decorate your envelope!  I added more of the Animal Expedition DSP.

Thank you for looking in today.  Remember - for every $50.00 you spend during August, you earn a $5.00 coupon to use in September!  Don't miss out!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Your uncle will like the card - watts not to like? Hope he is feeling better after he gets the card.

    I will try the ink pad idea. I still get a little ink on me. Thanks for the tip.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well look who's being so witty... or is it watty?

      I have a terrible time sliding my new ink pads, so I'm just going to do it the easy way! I love ink, but not where I don't want it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors