Saturday, August 11, 2018

Throwback Dino Birthday

Weather update first.  After I posted the approaching storm, it started full force!  We never lost power, but it flickered.  There was thunder, lightning and heavy rain for more than an hour.  Some of which made it into the house under the patio door.  Ugh!  Over an inch of rain - I haven't gone out for an "official" measurement yet, but I can see from the porch that it is over flowing the first inch measurements.

So, on to today's card.  This is something you won't find me doing on purpose, but this is a special occasion.  Yes, the stamps on the outside of this card have retired, but they are perfect for the recipient, my daughter (in-law), Danielle who turns 30 today and LOVES Dinosaurs!  So I mixed old with new and this is what we have.



Recipe:
Granny Apple Green - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 5 1/4" x 4"
Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper - 5" x 3 3/4"

Die cut an oval from Stitched Shapes (because my other ovals were packed for today's workshop)

I layered the DSP over the Whisper White and then placed the clean stamp down to see where I wanted it to be, then pulled up the DSP and stamped Mr. Rex (No Bones About It - retired) with Lemon Lime Twist and then stamped his bones over the body with Memento Black.

I added some Granny Apple Green leaves die cut with Tropical Thinlits.  I'm thinking now that I look at it that I should have cut them from something a bit darker, but I still like it!


Inside I stamped with  Watercolor Words.  I'd forgotten how fun those are.  They are not retired, so snag a set today!


Thank you for looking in today!  Have a fun Saturday!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. She will love the card. It is so much fun and so rich looking with all that greenery. Has she seen your dinosaur chard about the short arms? I still chuckle about that card.

    Still can't access my email but will set up a new account hopefully today.

    Chris R. From Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved the card. I think I did make them a Dino Christmas last year, because she remembered that I had Dino stamps!

      I was able to take the goodies and card over to her today before my son had to go to work. I couldn't believe it when around her neck was a little silver dinosaur necklace! Now she has two but the one I got her is rose gold. ha ha ha!!

      Good luck with your email!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors