Monday, August 13, 2018

Big Time Giraffe Outing

As I was looking through my cards, I realized I hadn't used this great die cut yet from Animal Friends.  You can't see it from here, but I actually cut out three of them - obviously didn't need the middle one since the circle covers it, but they all line up perfectly together to make a seamless look.


Recipe:
Soft Suede - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Crushed Curry - 5 1/4" x 4"
Sahara Sand - 5" x 3 3/4"
Whisper White - for Stitched Shape Circle
Old Olive for the vine die and for the small branch leaves

When cutting out the vine, it left a mark from the die, so I trimmed off the part where it left the mark.  Prior to that, I had started with a 1" wide strip of Old Olive.


Stamps:  Animal Outing
Ink:  Soft Suede
Stampin' Blends: Soft Suede light, Daffodil Delight Combo


Thank you for looking in today.  I can pretty say I'll be working overtime this week, so if I'm missing from here, you'll know why!

Happy Monday! ? 

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. I didn't even remember it had the giraffe pattern cut out. It looks fun on there even though partially hidden. It might look cute as a little cobblestone walk way too now that I look at it. Whatever, I think I am too hot - Ted and I took some tomatoes to a lady in the next block and left them tied to her door. She was not home. Ted was definitely wanting to lay in the shade on the way home.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the tomatoes didn't turn into ketchup!

      You have a GREAT idea there with the cobblestone. Cut the pattern out of thick whisper white and then use the paste to make it a cobblestone walkway. Ohhhh I hope I can try that tonight!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors