Thursday, August 2, 2018

Special Celebrations

Today some friends are getting together for lunch and a birthday celebration of a dear sweet lady we all like to call Mean Jean.  She's the farthest thing away from mean as anyone can be!  I'm really looking forward to seeing her, even if just for a short lunch.

Here's the card I made for her.


Recipe:
So Saffron - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
So Saffron - 5 1/4" x 4"
Night of Navy - 5 1/4" x 2"
Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper - 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Whisper White - 2 3/4" x 1 1/2
Night of Navy - 2 7/8" x 5 5/8"
Whisper White (inside) 5 1/4" x 4"


Stamps:  Special Celebrations
Ink:  Blueberry Bushel


Check out the luxurious look of linen on this cardstock below.  This was made using the Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder.  Can you see I used two different sides facing up here.  I didn't really realize it until it was done, but we can pretend it was on purpose... okay? 


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Thursday!

~ Donna


Product List

4 comments:

  1. I love your card, stunning. That DSP pattern is one of my favorites. I hope to get that EF with my rewards from my order yesterday. I really like the layout of the pieces with just a touch of bling. I am going to look at the sentiment set as I don't remember it. I will be CASEing this. I love it.

    Chris r. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! It is one of my favorites too. All of them in that stack are so pretty! I noticed on my embossing with that folder that there were a couple of flat spots. I'm going to try again but with a slight shim of paper to see if it fills in or if it supposed to be that way.

      CASE away! That's why I like to give measurements.

      Delete
  2. Really pretty card and I really like your layout design! Thanks for sharing all the details! GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenda! Thank you. Sometimes it just comes together. Happy to share the details so you can make it too. If you ever find my measurements are goofy, please let me know!

      Donna

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors