Friday, August 17, 2018

Spooky Bats in August

Yes, yes, I know it's very early for Halloween, but my pre-order for the Holiday Catalog arrived and I simply had to play!!  Besides, when it is time to make Halloween stuff, I'll be up to my ears in Election work at the office and I'll be lucky to have time to say the word Halloween!

These bats come from the Spooky Bats Punch (yayyy punches!) and comes as a bundle with the Spooky Sweets Stamps.


Recipe:
Basic Black - 11" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Gorgeous Grape - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
Smoky Slate - 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"

I couldn't decide which "yellow" to use, so I used two different ones.  

Daffodil Delight / Pineapple Punch - die cut with Layering Circles (apx 2 1/4")
Vellum - Pretty Paper Label Punch
Black Foil Sheets - punched with the Spooky Bat Punch

Can you see how shiny the bats are below? 


I like the clouds over the top of the moon the best, but for some reason, they curled up and we all know we have to be careful with adhesive showing through vellum, so that was a bit tricky.


This "cloud" didn't curl... I have no idea why. 


Here they are side by side to see the colors of the moons, but I still can't decide.  I think maybe I like the brighter Pineapple Punch.  At least at the moment.  Which do you like best?


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy FRIDAY!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Fun even though they are bats. Yuck. We have had our share in the house previously. But the card is fun. I think I like the darker moon on the right but they are both great. I ordered the Trick or Tweet on with the animals. The elephant cracks me up every time I look at it. But, I have some other cards to mms make before it comes later this week.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself I have all the Halloween I need but I do love the Trick or Tweet. I love that silly elephant too. I feel myself giving in!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors