Sunday, February 10, 2019

93 Year Old Veteran Loves Mail

This is a special card for a WWII Veteran that is turning 93 on April 17th.  He loves to receive mail, but doesn't get very much, so his family wants to change that for his upcoming birthday.  I had heard this on our news recently and then spotted it again on facebook, which was a good reminder to make this card.

Read the article here and if you are so inclined, send this sweet Veteran a birthday card and be sure to Thank him for his Service!

I bet he has more cards already than they ever expected, but more will make it even more fun!  Please feel free to send him one as well.  I knew immediately that I wanted to send one that would scream ARIZONA, so what better way than with our beautiful Saguaro Cactus!



Recipe:
Daffodil Delight - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Real Red - Rectangle Die Cut - approximately 3 1/2" x 5"
Whisper White - Rectangle Die Cut - approximately 3" x 4 1/2"

Stamps - Flowering Desert and Well Said
Ink:  Memento Black, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry and Soft Suede

Sponge daubers for making the Sun


Inside - Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4"


Thank you for looking in today.  Have a Blessed Sunday

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder as I saw this mentioned before but forgot to write the address down. I think he needs a little Iowa Pig to brighten his day! Isn't it fun to have our own state stamp set? At least I feel like it does! Love your bright and cheerful card!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely needs an Iowa Piggy! He will love it I'm sure. Who wouldn't, right?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors