Sunday, February 17, 2019

Climbing Roses

Roses, such beautiful flowers and such an important part of my life in more ways than the flowers we love.  If you are a regular follower of my blog, you'll know that a little less than a year ago I was contacted by an Aunt I never knew about, the sister to my birth Mother.  Exciting times for sure.  

There are so many coincidences about my adopted life and my birth Mom, but one of the favorites is the name Rose.  My Mom that I was raised by and cherish with all my heart had the middle name of Rose.  My middle name is Ann after another Aunt I had growing up.  If I'd had a little girl (I had two charming boys instead - one who is celebrating his 37th birthday today!), I had planned to have her be Roseann.  My birth Mother... get this... is named Rosanne.  How great is that?

So, when I saw this stamp set in the Occasions Catalog, I knew I would be loving it and wishing I could send a card to each of my Moms.  I think of both of them, every day, so how perfect is this sentiment?



Recipe:
Lovely Lipstick - 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4" - run through the Subtle Folder (both directions)
All My Love Designer Series Paper - 4" x 1 1/2"
Whisper White for sentiment, roses and trellis


Stamps:  Climbing Roses (Bundle)
Ink:  VersaMark, Lovely Lipstick, Mint Macaron
Gold Embossing Powder

I stamped the roses with VersaMark and then added Gold Embossing Powder and set it with my Heat Gun.  I did the same with the sentiment.  I stamped a small rose and leaf also to color and put inside the card.

Using the Blender Pen I colored the roses with Lovely Lipstick and Mint Macaron for the leaves.  



Look closely at the Whisper White.  I embossed the Whisper White layer with the Subtle Embossing Folder then turned it and embossed it again so the lines go both ways.



I colored the Rhinestones with Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Blends.  Look how pretty they shine in the light.  You could use Lovely Lipstick instead, of course, but my Cherry Cobbler was within reach.


 Thank you for looking in today!  Have a Blessed Sunday!

~ Donna


Product List

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful story and wonderful card! My husband loves to grow roses. Right now he has mostly red and pink ones with a couple of yellow/peachy ones I bought. At our house in Houston he had 89 rose bushes of all kinds and colors. The yellow roses in the one bed with purple lantana around it- was stunning. People used to take photos of their kids or dogs standing by them!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! OMG, 89 rose bushes. That had to be a beautiful yard. Obviously if you had random people and pets using them for a photo shoot!

      Delete
  2. It is a very beautiful card and I'm sure your Mom's would be thrilled to receive this card. Thanks for sharing! GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Glenda. I think they would like the card as well. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors