Thursday, February 7, 2019

Hershey Slider's

When I first joined Stampin' Up in 2010, this was the first swap I ever made for our team swap.  Well, not this specific one, but the slider concept!  I remember it being a lot harder to make back then, but I was so new to paper crafting, it probably just blew my little mind!  Ha ha!

Then I saw this recently done by Angie Leach, I just knew I had to make them again.  These are SO FAST and easy to do!


Start with a piece of All My Love Designer Series Paper.  If your pattern needs to be a certain direction, be sure that you cut it with the short side across the top and the long side is the long side.

The measurements are 6" wide and 7 1/2" long.
Score along the top at 1 1/2" and 4"


Fold along the score lines.


Don't look too closely at the picture below except to follow the words, not the example!  Add a piece of Tear and Tape down ONE SIDE and across the bottom.


Fold over the side that does NOT have the Tear and Tape.  Fold over the other side and making sure it is lined up nice and straight, making a pouch.  


Use your bone folder to give the tape a nice tight seal.


Punch a 1/4" circle punch in the center of the top of the pouch.


Cut a piece of ribbon 18" long.  I used our Berry Burst 3/8" Metallic-Edge Ribbon, but you can use anything you have that works with the paper you are using.

Thread it through both holes and leave it open. 


Add the Hershey Bar into the pouch as it pushed down the ribbon to the bottom.


Tie the ribbon into a double know.  When you pull up on the ribbon, the Hershey Bar will slide up as well.  No need to untie the knot, simply slide the candy out and you can slide another one back in.


Decorate the outside with stamps from Hey Love or any products of your choosing.  I decided to use the cute gator, or is that a croc?  Hmmmm.


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Thursday - I can smell the weekend from here!  

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Gator or croc - I don't know but I do know he is a cutie! I am making a different treat holder with him on it for one group. Just too cute! I have not made one of these slider candy bar holders for a long time. They are always fun to decorate and seem to astonish the recipient when they pull it out. Works like magic so to say. Thanks for the reminder.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! It is like Magic isn't it. I think that is why it is so fun and to see the look on people's faces is priceless. Hubby asked me to make a couple of them for his Mom and Sister, so I'll make a couple and get them mailed off. Mom always takes my treats to church to show them off.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors