Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Happy Birthday Billy - and Nike Update

Monday night I went out to dinner with my oldest son Billy and his wife Danielle for his 37th birthday!  We had a great dinner at Otro Cafe in Phoenix.  We went there last year for my birthday as well.  I always let Billy pick the restaurants because he always has a nice variety of really good places to eat.

The bottom part of this card is cased from Mary Fish using the Well Said Bundle.  I love how the cut out birthday looks.  Thanks Mary for the great idea!



Recipe:
  • Whisper White thick card stock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
  • Night of Navy striped paper from Neutrals 6 x 6 designer series paper - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Whisper White thick card stock - 4 1/4" x 3" 
  • Crushed Curry for behind the Whisper White "birthday"
  • Crushed Curry for cutting the gears from Garage Gears Thinlits Dies



Stamps:
Well Said - Bundled with Thinlits Dies
Hello Cupcake - inside sentiment

Ink:  Memento Black - You could also use Night of Navy


To create the diagonal cut mark the small piece of Whisper White Thick at 1 3/8" on the left side and 2 1/2" on the right side.  Line up the two marks on your Stampin' Up! Trimmer and cut.




Run the piece of Whisper White through the Big Shot using the Magnetic Platform and the "birthday" die from Well Written Framelits.  Keep all the little pieces - you will need them to form the word properly.

There are a couple of ways to put the letters down.  One is to adhere the word birthday down with little dabs of Multipurpose Liquid Glue and then add in the little bits using the Take Your Pick Tool to pick them up and dab a bit of glue and adhere to the negative space.  That's what I did with the card that I made.


I wanted to try another way to do this, so I ran the birthday die through the Big Shot, but this time I added the piece of card stock to a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet first, then ran it through the Big Shot.

I took the Piercing Tool from the Take Your Pick Tool and removed the little adhesive backing piece from the "negative space bits", but left them in the die itself.  Then place your piece of color paper behind (I used melon mambo for this test) then place the die, with the letters still inside over the cut out.



Take your Piercing tool and gently push down the bits that will fill the negative space.  Gently lift up to make sure you got them all.  I missed one at first, they are so small.  Next, remove the rest of the adhesive backing piece from behind the lettering and carefully line it up over the bits and gently press it down when you are SURE it is in the right position. 


Save the "birthday" cut out to use elsewhere on another project.



Nike Update:

Nike had his bandage and pain patch removed today.  He was like a new dog when he came out without the bandage. He was so happy and wiggly!  He's clear to walk on it, but we can't let him run, though I don't think he would just yet, he's still pretty slow and he can't lick it.  So far so good.  

He still has he pain meds to take and an antibiotic to finish, but we're on the road to healing.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for this fuzzy little guy. 



The sun is a bit bright outside!

Here he is snuggled up with Dad.


Happy Tuesday!

~ Donna


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Great card! Thanks for all the tips and info. I need to get that bundle but just have had lots of extra bills the last two months. But, I will get them as I have some of the paper and I have the trinkets. I need to use the wrench one as I have a guy card to make and he is a plumber. He will love whatever I make anyway.

    Nike looks like he is on the mend but still needing lots of snuggles and cuddling. Who could blame him! I swear the shaved spots always make it look worse. Teddy had the flank where the cancerous tumor was, the cyst on his back, then his foot and they also shaved a patch on his ear where they finally did his blood draws and IV. With all his wrinkles on his front legs they tend to draw blood from one of the big veins in his long ears! So, he looked really beat up! Most of the hair is back but his flank and back you can see it isn't as thick and a bit lighter in color so you can see the shaved section as well as the scars. The foot, you can't tell it or his ear.

    Hope you had a good birthday celebration.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors