Thursday, April 27, 2017

Bye, Bye Grunge...

Today we have a quick and easy masculine "Congratulations" card and of course I always go to my favorite Guy Grunge stamp set - Gorgeous Grunge.  I'm so sad to see this stamp set go away.  The splatters and splotches are just the right thing for those manly cards we all need.


Recipe:
Night of Navy - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" - spotted with Night of Navy ink
Night of Navy - 3" x 2"
Whisper White 2 7/8" x 1 7/8"

"Congrats" is from Tin of Cards (retiring)
 "to you" is from Crazy About You (retiring)


Inside I added a little more splatter in the corners before writing on the card which will be going to my new boss at the office.  

He was just appointed as Deputy Recorder and I am going to be his Executive Assistant.  Over the last 4 months I've had several people I've reported to, including the new County Recorder for a couple of weeks.  I think this week we've all settled in to where we are going to be and I'm pleased with where I'm ending up.  PLUS, I get to move back to my old workstation that I've been in for 26 years (minus the last 4 months).  I can hardly wait to settle in again!


Thank you for looking in today!  We're almost at the weekend!

~ Donna



Product List

2 comments:

  1. Well congrats to you!!! This is a great card - sort of simple but direct and to the point but with room to be playful. Love the inside. He is going to have quite a collection of your great cards to decorate his new office.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I'm happy to be back in the cubicle I started in 26 years ago! It feels like home!

      When I put the envelope on the counter in front of my desk he said "what's that"? I said, it's an envelope. LOL It had his name on it! There was a conversation with a couple of other people at my desk, so when he was ready to go in his office, he said "is this from you?" and of course I said yes! He seemed very happy to receive it! He will have a collection, that's for sure! It will be good practice making masculine cards. LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors