Saturday, April 1, 2017

Use Those Scraps!

I like to use up my scraps as often as possible, so here's a fun way to use some of those larger pieces.  See what you think.

For this card I used Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper.  You can use pretty much anything you want, even mixing DSP's as long as the colors come together.


Recipe:

Whisper White / Watermelon Wonder - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Large Ice Cream strip - 5 1/4" x 1 1/2"
Small piece - 2 1/4" x 2"
Large piece - 2 1/4" x 3"

Watermelon Wonder Square - 2 1/8" square cut from Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies
Stamps - Balloon Adventures
Ink - Watermelon Wonder
Party Animal Embellishments


After making the first one with Whisper White for the base, I decided it wasn't enough color, so I made a second one with Watermelon Wonder as the base.  I'm really going to hate to see that color go away!  :(


I popped up the Watermelon Wonder square with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Thank you for looking in today.  Have a happy weekend!

~ Donna


Product List

4 comments:

  1. These are cute and a good way to use up some scraps. Even if you use two solid panels. Love the little party balloon. Also, other colors could be used for the card part. Even the espresso would probably work. I hope they carry over these framelits and stamp set - it would be really fun to have another DSP to go with it all too. I am so glad I bought the stitched framelits as I use them a lot!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, I hope this carries over as well. I didn't buy them but I'd like to have them, but only if I can get enough use out of them without retiring.

      Thank you for your comments. I always look forward to comments!

      Delete
  2. I bought the washi tape and half sheets from a share but not the bundle. I think if they introduce framelits in the mini catalogs they need to carry them over for at least a year into the annual catalog esp. due to the price. I would rather have the same bundle and then introduce new papers to go with or another set that can be used in conjunction with the bundle. Same for punches too. It was fun using the cookie cutter punch with the fall/Halloween characters and the same for the mason jar bundle. They could have made a bunny with that punch for spring. I think of ice cream bars more as a summer treat even though you probably think of them year round with the weather. But, nobody asked me!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct! Any framelits brought out in a specialty catalog should be current through the following year long catalog. The prices are outrageous if you can only use them for 3 months. I bet more Demo's would buy them (I sure would) if they could know they will get their money's worth out of them.

      You should write to SU and tell them your suggestion, we all should!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors