Thursday, April 20, 2017

Paper Pumpkin - April 2017

Ever since I saw the sneak peek for this month's Special Paper Pumpkin designed by Sara Douglass, I've been impatiently watching the mailbox for my kit. 

Well tonight, it finally showed up!  Yayyyy!!!  I was so excited that I just had to play with it, even though I should be getting ready for my Saturday workshop!  

See the great little free gift from Sara?  Four mini-sized watercolor pencils!  There's also a paintbrush in the kit, but I used my Aqua Pen. Oh my, I had so much fun making these.  I love to water color and the cardstock has color resist portions so you can color right over and the wipe off the excess.


If you are one of my Paper Pumpkin customers, I strongly suggest you watch the video produced by Stampin' Up! for this kit.  It has some really great tips on making your cards come out beautifully.

You can see the video below.  If you are reading this in your inbox, you'll want to go to my blog specifically to see the video as it may not show up in  your email.  It is even presented by Sara Douglass herself!


Check out the great envelopes that come with it.  Already lined and ready to go.  There's even a spot on the front so you can address the envelope and mail it out.  





Here are the cute little water color pencils.  I love mine.  Now I can take these to work and keep my big set at home. 

Thank you for looking in today.  If you love this kit, you might want to think about signing up with me to be a Paper Pumpkin customer.  Once you are a member, you can even purchase refills for past kits.  You won't get the stamps that come with them, but you can get the cards and pieces and parts to make more cards.  Just use your own stamps that you already have.

Happy Thursday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Mine came on Saturday I think. I opened it and have watched the video but have not played with it yet. My favorite card is the one without the resist stuff where you use the blue and yellow making the magically green part appear by letting the colors flow together. I think the envelopes are fun too. I love that black and white stripped panel. I always can use a paint brush though for this project I probably will use the aqua painter. Also the Washi tape is fun. I can't wait to see some alternative ideas just for fun. The stamps are a great addition to our collection as well. I think Sara did a great job on this kit and explaining it all on the video. The free gift of the pencils are just the icing on the cake if you ask me. I am just not sure about those flowers - but I will give them another look to see as my first opinion was that they looked cheap and plastic like something from the 70s. But, they may grow on me. Otherwise, I have plenty of other things I could use.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the flowers. I'm not crazy about them either. I used them for now, but probably won't use them on the other cards or anything else really.

      The black and white really makes the colors POP. Even my husband commented on that. I wish I'd brought them to work, I could use some coloring about now!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors