Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Let's Taco 'Bout You

Today I'm CASEing my upline Lorri Heiling.  When I saw this a couple of weeks ago I fell totally in love with it but never made the time to make it.  So, even though Sale-a-Bration is over, those of you who have the Tasty Truck FREE Stamp Set can make this card too.  I used a couple of different colors than Lorri and I added sliced olives, because I love sliced olives on my taco!


The reason I thought of this today (actually Monday night), is because tomorrow is the first Tuesday of the month and we'll be having Taco Tuesday at work.  So, I thought this would be the  perfect time to make it.


Recipe:  
Crumb Cake - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - Stitched Shapes Framelits largest circle
Crushed Curry - 2 1/2" circle - sponged with Crumb Cake 
Sahara Sand Inkpad for stamping the Taco Truck and Tacos


Inside the taco, I used Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie (for lettuce and cheese).  The Tomato is Real Red, punched with a 1 1/4" punch and cut in half.  The olives are basic black punched with the large circles from the owl punch.  Pretend that the white Tombo glue you see inside (that hasn't dried as of taking the picture) is Sour Cream!


Thanks Lori for such an adorable card.  Too bad it can't be mailed, although I don't know who I would mail it to.  No one wants a smashed taco, that would make it a taco salad!  Ha!

Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Taco Tuesday!

~ Donna


Product List

6 comments:

  1. this is awesome i am going to case you... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute and really clever! I was thinking of sour cream when I saw the white and wondered how you made it look so real! SU used to have little cup shaped plastic pieces we used for shaker cards. I found them great for putting one over a flower or whatever embellishment and using a padded envelope to mail it. They worked fine. I have used the plastic cup like from packaging too for this reason, it wouldn't have to be round. Hint, hint!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Lorri is very clever! I loved it when I saw it and just had to CASE it. I think I have some of those shaker cups still. I never thought of using them for protecting a card and using a padded envelope. That's genius!

      Thank you for the great idea!

      Delete
  3. I prefer soft shell tacos, I guess very vanilla cardstock with sponging of some brown on it? You could do a taco salad too. I am still thinking of how to make the sour cream - maybe wad up some glue dots and sponge them white - maybe the liquid glass stuff on it for shine? Use a glue gun and make drips of the glue on the silicone mat and then the white ink and liquid glass stuff if you wanted it to be shiny. You could do guacamole as well. Maybe it is just as well as I didn't get this truck set but now I really do want it to play with!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the very vanilla would make a good soft taco, maybe sponge it lightly with soft suede.

      This is definitely a set I will be keeping. I really wish it was an Occasions set instead of a freebie SAB! Then I could use it until the end of May.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors