Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Pop of Pink is Golden

Did you know that the Pop of Pink Designer Series Paper has GOLD inside?  It's true!  There are two pieces of cardstock that are one sided and have golden accents.  One with big gold dots and the other with small thin confetti bits.


Under the DSP is a piece of Gold Foil paper - remember to use the inside for the current project or perhaps for a future project.  No point wasting perfect paper that isn't going to show anyway!  If I hadn't been hurrying, I would have cut out a bit more from the corner.


There's a small strip going between the two pieces of DSP - it is about 1/8" thick and 5 inches long.


Recipe:

Watermelon Wonder - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"  (the other card is Cucumber Crush)
Gold Foil - 5 1/4" x 4" (cut out the middle) 
Gold Foil - 5" x 1/8" strip
Pop of Pin Designer Series Paper (gold specialty paper) 
  Large Dots - 2 1/4" x 5"
  Confetti - 1 1/2" x 5"

Depending on what you use for a sentiment, find the circle from either Layering Circles or Stitched Shapes and build up from there for your other circles.


Stamps:
Sending Thoughts
One Big Meaning

Ink:
Memento Black
Watermelon Wonder


Don't forget to check the Retiring List - some things have already sold out, so don't let something you want get away from you!

Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Hump Day!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Well these are just golden and fun! I kept looking and thinking there was something different about the one - duh, the polka dots are on the left side and the confetti on the other side. It doesn't matter but for some silly reason I liked the polka dots on the left. I wonder what that means besides being playful and fun!

    When I really started stamping and making cards I learned about the cutting out your shapes and stuff that will be hidden especially when using special papers or foils etc. I made a card using such like the several layers of circles and adhered them and mailed it. It was a really hot summer and I didn't use extra glue and what glue stuff I used must have melted or just made the the top piece come off. When my friend opened it the top piece came off as did the circles I had cut out. My friend E-mailed me and asked if this was a puzzle and was she to put it together or what. Even the sentiment came off and the glue made it stick to the inside of the envelope. I had to have her snap a photo as I had no idea of what she was talking about about holes and a puzzle. When I saw the photo, well of course I realized what had happened and was a bit embarrassed. I also learned to use a better adhesive especially when using the foil sheets too. We both had a good laugh and after I told her to assemble it back to my original card, she loved it! I think I had even punched out a flower but that was not on the card which made her even more puzzled. Live and learn!

    Anyway, I really like your fun and playful cards!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT is exactly why I use our Tombo Liquid adhesive on EVERYTHING. I don't use any of the snail adhesives at all, simply because I don't want my cards to come apart. I learned that a long time ago when I had received a card from one of my stampers and it was peeling up. If I'm going to put work into something, I want it to stay together.

      That's not a bad idea though. Send at "puzzle" card - some assembly required when it arrives to the recipient! ha ha ha!

      So glad you noticed the dots on opposite sides. I was wondering if anyone would!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors