Saturday, April 15, 2017

Penned and Painted

Another of my favorite sets is about to retire at the end of the month.  This one is so pretty and can be stamped easily without having to be perfect because it layers so nicely together with a watercolor look.

Today I decided to stamp without the outline and I love how it turned out.



Recipe:

Watermelon Wonder - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"

I stamped with Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral using the largest flower.  The Blushing Bride was stamped as is, while I stamped off the Calypso Coral before stamping it.  The detailed stamp that matches the largest flower I used Watermelon Wonder, full strength.

The leaves are stamped with Pear Pizzazz and Wild Wasabi.  The centers and random little flowers are Crushed Curry.

The sentiments come from Birthday Blossoms. 



Did you notice the little lady bug?  She's stamped with Memento Black and then colored in with my Real Red Stampin' Write Marker.


Thank you for looking in today.  I hope you're having a great weekend.

Happy Easter Weekend!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. I almost missed this post. Oh how pretty! I noticed your cute little lady bug right off the bat! Love the colors you chose. Love the black sliver of a mat! Great job.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted on facebook this morning that I somehow managed to post this blog post and the die cut one on the same day. Argh! LOL

      Glad you saw it. I am really tickled at how pretty this came out, even more now than when I first made it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors