Thursday, April 13, 2017

Say It Isn't So!

Did you see the Retiring Stamps List???  Gorgeous Grunge is being retired!  Say it isn't so!  I keep waiting for them to say "just kidding!"

On the happier side of this card though is the reason why I made it.  A very deserving guy at our office was appointed as the Election Director today.  He's been the Interim Director since shortly after the first of the year when our previous Director retired.  We're all very proud of him being selected.  He will do an amazing job!


Since we work with Elections, I had to use Red, White and Blue, of course!

Very simple recipe:

Real Red - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 5 1/4" x 4"
Night of Navy - 5" x 3 3/4"
Whisper White 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"
Gold Foil and Whisper White Circles (extras made from yesterday! They came in handy already!)

Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge (retiring), Tin of Cards (retiring)
Ink:  Real Red, Night of Navy


Thank you for looking in today!  Remember to let me know if you need a catalog so I can get them ordered for you.  You're going to LOVE IT!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. This is a fun card and he will love it! All the splats and splotches and stuff just go with elections/politics if you ask me! Making it in red, white, and blue just added to the fun. Love the touch of gold! If I was him, I would be mounting and framing it and putting up where I could see what I had accomplished every day! Great job on the card and I bet he will really appreciate it!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally expect him to frame it! LOL... probably not, but hey, I can hope. The lady in the office next to his has all the cards we've made for her up on her wall. Maybe she'll make him hang it up. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors