Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Nailed It, Again!

This design is all over the internet, so whoever first did it, thank you!  I saw the pattern on Mary Fish's blog today and changed up the paper and stamps (hers was Easter and so cute).

I'm not sure why I put off doing this after seeing it for months, because it was really very easy to do.

Find the Recipe below.


Recipe:
Delightful Dijon - 11" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Cut two inches from the fold and then cut the remaining piece to 4 1/4" x 2"
Cut the Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper 4" x 1 3/4"
Delightful Dijon - 2" x 3"

To attach the 2" x 3" piece to the top and the bottom easily, line up the bottom 2" piece with the bottom of the card (as folded).


Then add a little adhesive (I prefer our Tombo Multipurpose Glue) to the top and the bottom and then place it where you want it on the card front.



Very Vanilla - Stitched Shapes Ovals - one size down from the largest.
Smoky Slate and Real Red - Stamp the Hammer twice and then cut the handle off the red one and attach it to the Smoky Slate.  I colored in the middle with our watercolor pencil (Early Espresso) and blended it with the Blender Pen.


Inside is Very Vanilla in one card and Smoky Slate in the other.  Both cut at 5 1/4" x 4.

Which do you like best for the inside?  At first I liked the Very Vanilla best, but then, I had to say the Slate looks pretty good too.  Which by the way is the one my hubby picked.



Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Hump Day!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. I like both the slate and the vanilla but maybe I am leaning towards the smokey slate since it goes with the hammer head. I think this is a fun fold and I had fun making them. It is hard to sort of keep it shut so maybe your little sentiment card "nails" it down more. Were you going to put a sentiment in the opening? Or, you could put the matching embelishments there with an inside greeting worked in. I won a pack of the embelishments and I can't wait to get that stamp set. It would be great if they carry it over esp. since it has the matching framelits. I guess we will know soon about what is carried over/retiring. I just think the tools are fun and I love the paper! My dad would have loved to have had a card like this.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't stamp anything inside because I was leaving that space behind the hammer for writing of signing the name.

      Of course you could always write on the back of the front that is inside and then a stamp would be perfect inside.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors