Monday, April 24, 2017

Congratulations Well Deserved

On Sunday I ended up CASEing myself.  Now that's something that probably doesn't happen often.  LOL  It's been very windy here and I woke up with a headache, so thinking wasn't working well and I knew I wanted to do a card with Floral Boutique and and a little box with the Window Box Thinlits Dies.  I'm so happy this little box is carrying over to the Annual Catalog.  If you like it and the stamps it goes with, the bundle is NOT carrying over, so be sure to order it before May 31st so you can save 10% on it.

Today's card is for a special accomplishment of someone I know.  However, since they peek into my blog, I don't want to reveal too much today... so come back tomorrow for a full reveal!



For today though, I can give you the Recipe:

Night of Navy - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper white 5 1/4" x 4"
Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper - 5" x 3 3/4"

I stamped from Beautiful You onto another sheet of Floral Boutique DSP and then fussy cut the dress hair and hat and then pieced it onto the same image stamped with Memento Black onto Whisper White.  Then I used the largest circle from Stitched Shapes and the largest scallop from Layering Circles in Night of Navy.

This is another stamp set that is carrying over to the next Annual Catalog (which I will be able to order from on May 1st!  You could too if you sign up to be a Demonstrator.).  The "Congratulations" comes from Floral Phrases.




Here is the box from the top view. I added Silver Foil inside each of the cut-outs to keep the inside a little more of a surprise.  Since taking the picture below, I've added a piece of ribbon to hold the box closed since it has to make it all the way through the day tomorrow.



If you've ever used liquid glue to attach the Silver Foil, you probably know that it has a tendency to make a mess on the foil, should any of it ooze out.  So I decided to avoid that and I used scotch tape to attach the foil. I wanted it to stay permanently, but just didn't want the mess of glue.

Do you see a little boo-boo I made and fixed?  Let me know by posting below if you figure it out.  I'll share it tomorrow with you!




Thank you for looking in today.  Here's to another week of fun and adventure!

Happy Monday!

~ Donna



Product List

4 comments:

  1. Oh fun. I just love those little boxes. Boo-boo? I think maybe I see a little piece of tape but it might be a shadow. Who knows, it looks pretty to me. Where did you add the ribbon so as not to go over the sentiment banner. Go under it and tie it at the top of the banner or bottom? Thanks for the tip about the glue vs. scotch tape. I have made a little mess once and had to cover that portion up with something!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Chris, Yes, I put the ribbon under the banner and tied a knot at the top. I'll have to share a picture of that tomorrow when I show what is inside the box.

      The boo-boo is the silver flaps at the front of the box. I got over anxious with the Tear and Tape and then realized those two pieces don't get tape! So I added some of the silver foil to the sticky tape and trimmed it up. Not bad, eh? LOL

      Delete
  2. thank you so much, for the gift and card, I love them. you have been so patient with me.... your the greatest
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, you are so very welcome! I'm so happy to have you on my team. The race is on to make Silver Elite!

      Hugs to you my friend!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors