Friday, April 14, 2017

Let's Fiesta!

Time for a fun, bright fiesta card!  I'm so sorry to see this set isn't staying around in the new catalog.  I really thought it would last with all the fun things that can be made with it.  The paper in the DSP stack is so bright and cheery.  Maybe I'm just partial since I live in Arizona and love our Saguaro cactus that you see on some of the paper and on the inside this card (below)


Recipe:
Melon Mambo - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Crushed Curry - 5 1/4" x 4" (run through the Big Shot with the Festive Textured Impression Embossing Folder
Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper - 4" x 3"
Crumb Cake was used for the Llama

Since the embossed paper isn't very flat, I use our Tear and Tape to make it stay put.  Snail and even liquid glue can be difficult for getting a good stick with heavily textured paper.  I also used a glue dot to attach the bakers twine.


Inside - Whisper White 5 1/4" x 4"
Stamped with the Streamer stamp from the same set.
The Saguaro Cactus was stamped with Crushed Cucumber and die cut with the matching die.


Thank you for looking in today.  So glad it's Friday, except that means on Saturday I'll be working on closet cleaning again.  Ugh!  Maybe I'd rather be at the office.  At least I get paid for that!  LOL.

Happy Good Friday to you and your families and may you have a Blessed Easter.

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Very cute and love the inside. For some dumb reason I don't remember to emboss much and I do have some embossing folders. I guess out of sight, out of mind? That is a good tip about using the tear and tape stuff to adhere the embossed panel. Thanks maybe I will try it out today! I had a good time with the Christmas llama and friends but didn't get this set. Too bad this didn't carry over as it would be great for fun parties etc. I liked the different swag pieces which it made it even more fun!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I was really hoping it would carry over. It's only been around one year and there's so much to it, seems crazy to me!

      I love the bright colors in the DSP, so festive, which I guess is the point of the name. LOL

      Have a great Easter Weekend!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors