Sunday, December 16, 2018

Blizzard of Wishes

Snowflakes have never really been on my radar in my crafting.  I think that is because I live in a snow free zone being in Phoenix, Arizona.  We just don't get snow here and honestly don't even get that many cold days, so I just don't think about them much.

However, I really do like this Snow is Glistening set, complete with a bunch of thinlits dies.  

Here's is today's fun snowflake card.

Recipe:
Night of Navy - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Silver Foil - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" - Use this to die cut the snowflake
Balmy Blue 4 7/8" x 3 3/4"
Whisper White scrap for sentiment
Whisper White 5 1/4" x 4" inside


Stamp with Versamark onto the Balmy Blue, add white embossing powder and set with the heat gun.  Across the top I used the more solid stamp with snowflakes, embossed and set that, then stamped again with the smaller stamp with snowflakes and then embossed and set that.

I popped up the snowflake with dimensionals in the middle only.


Here is the back side of the Silver Foil with the snowflake cut out.  I meant to take a picture of the other side and forgot until I'd already adhered it to the Balmy Blue.  Sorry!


Stamp the sentiment onto Whisper White using Versa Mark and then adding Silver Emboss.  Add some Rhinestones and you have a beautiful card!


Thank you for looking in today.  Have a blessed Sunday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Fun. I really never thought about you not doing many snowflake cards. Makes sense. Luckily we don't have any snow except for some little piles left from previously. We have a nice sunny day. Teddy tried to eat a little pile of snow he found on Central's campus but I told him no it had too much dirt and sand in it. I have this set and have not really played with it at all. At least I don't think so. Anyway, I completed Mike's cards a little bit ago so I can get back to some of mine. Of course I forgot to order some more envelopes. Oh well, what's new! Anyway, I loved your card and may have to do something similar for a few more cards. I like that sentiment but wasn't sure how clear it would come out embossed. Looks great to me. Happy holidays!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I wasn't sure how the sentiment would turn out embossed either, but it did come out beautifully! I just love embossing. There's just something thrilling about watching the powder melt into something beautiful!

      Don't let Teddy eat the yellow snow! LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors