Thursday, December 6, 2018

Navy Veteran Turns 96

There was a story on the news on Wednesday night about a World War II Navy Veteran who is turning 96 later this month.  He would like to receive Birthday Cards in the mail, you know, snail mail. 

So that's what I decided to make and send.  Here is my card, which also qualifies for a sketch challenge on my team page.  The dotted background is just so you can see the card.  :)



Recipe:
Whisper White Thick cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Broadway Bound Specialty Designer Series Paper:
4 7/8" x 2"  - matted with Basic Black - 5" x 2 1/8
3 1/4" x 2"

2" Circle
Gold Glimmer - 1 1/2" x 2" - punched with Banner Punch

Inside Stamp from Window Shopping, inked with Memento Black.



If you would like to send him a card, the story is below in the link.  The story can be found here on AZ Family.  

The card goes to:

Duane Sherman
c/o Sue Morse
PO Box 794
Highland, CA  92346

Be sure to thank him for his service besides wishing him a Happy Birthday!

Thank you for looking in today!

~ Donna


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card. I will try and get a card out in the next couple of days. Thanks for the address. Love the card.

    We made it through the night after coming home yesterday. He only could do a hemiarthroplasty due to bone loss. Outpatient I went PT starts today. Enough said.

    Chris from Pella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. I'm glad you all survived the night. Hopefully PT will help, but plan on pain. I've never heard of anyone one having PT that wasn't miserable. Have him take pain meds first!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors