Saturday, December 8, 2018

Farmhouse Christmas Ornament

This was another Make and Take from our team meeting last Monday.  These came out so cute!  Thank you Lorri for coming up with this great idea!

The ornament came from Hobby Lobby and are very easy to assemble.  There is a template inside to use for your base circle.

We used Pool Party for the center and stamped on the back with Real Red (see 2nd picture below).

On the other side that you see below, we attached the fence from Farmhouse Framelits dies and trimmed to the circle.  

Stamp, die cut and color with colors of your choice.  I used Real Red, Garden Green, Basic Black and Smoky Slate.  Stamp, die cut and color the tree with Crumb Cake.  Pop up the tree with dimensionals.


Add some white glimmer paper for snow and attach it above the tree.  Then adhere the truck with a double thickness of dimensionals.  I added a bit of Multipurpose Glue as well because getting things to stick to glimmer paper can be a bit difficult.

Add a bunch of dots of glue to the Pool Party and then shake on some Dazzling Diamonds for the effect of snow.  We also added some Mica Flakes before closing and sealing the ornament shut with Tear and Tape and Ribbon.


Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Saturday Everyone!

~ Donna

4 comments:

  1. This is so darn cute! I think I saw something similar on Pinterest. I would have loved to try and make these but I have no ommph at all right now. Teddy is doing well and took me for a long walk again this morning. Still not getting a total nights sleep. Mike is healing but restless and well, you know how recovery goes. So, I am not sure what I am making for cards and gifts yet. He had surgery on Tuesday and they booted him out of the hospital after he had his lunch on Wednesday. So, there was no time to play with my PP kit even. Oh well, I think my little family took center stage.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family does that for sure Chris! I'm glad both of your patients are healing and even though restless, it's all part of the process.

      I was going to say give Mike some coloring or cutting to do, but I'm thinking that's a bad plan with his surgery! Bummer.

      Delete
    2. Right now he is actually concentrating on the Packer's game. Otherwise, his concentration has been nil.

      Delete
    3. Men and football! :) Mark is a Packers fan as well, but today he's dealing with a migraine.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors