Monday, December 10, 2018

Thinking of You

Do you have a hard time thinking of masculine cards?  Me too!  So today I wanted to make a card for my Uncle who is recovering from surgery and this is what I came up with.

Quick and simple, but I like how it turned out.


Recipe:  
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Soft Suede - 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Whisper White - 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"

Stamps:  Sheltering Tree
Inks:  Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Cobbler


If I were to make it again, and I might, I think I would stamp off the Cherry Cobbler before stamping it over the Pumpkin Pie.  It kind of killed the yellow and orange I had going there, but it still looks very pretty.


Thank you for looking in today.  It's back to the office for me after a week off work.  I'm not looking forward to it, so many other things I want to do instead.   Sigh...

Have a great week!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun and a little different than the one we made at a card club I attended. Both are so fun to do. I like your version with the grass artfully done! Great job. I need to try this version too some time. I guess I have awhile to go before next fall to get it right! This would work for birthday, get well, thinking of you, etc. Love it!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris!

      We still have fall colors around here - as a matter of fact, our Cottonwood trees in our front yard have barely started changing color and dropping leaves.

      It's fun to play with different colors, give it a whirl, you'll love it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors